Update for the 13th September
Scott the plumber has been hard at it this week:
- commissioning the gents toilets
- connecting up the school's kitchenette
- mounting the radiators in the school room
- installing the glass machine in the bar, and
- installing the ice machine in the cellar.
The equipment took slightly longer than planned, but there was a huge cheer when he appeared from the cellar with a handful of ice.
If you have been in the pub, there have been a number of paint trials going on. Some successful, some less so and have been changed.
Plans for the next couple of days include:
- grouting the gents, sealing it, and adding the cistern,
- painting in the bar and toilets,
- cutting and attaching the skirting, and
- adding the bar front.
We've heard it a few times in the last couple of weeks ... it's starting to look like a real pub. Give us a few more days and it will be even more so and with the new sign hanging outside the door (being installed this afternoon), hopefully it is somewhere we are all proud of.
Before the green is added
Installing the school kitchenette
Lexie with fetching headwear
Radiators now installed
Last of the plastering in the bar
Bas scraping away
Pub looking good
Trialing the green paint
Cool green on some walls
Directly behind the bar
Giggling wire strippers
First of the ice
Ready for the quiz night
Lexie with more boron
Ian chuffed with his stripping
And Tony involved too