Weekday Warriors and Covid-19
Specially Organised Volunteering Events
Due to Covid-19 outbreak, all plans for volunteering days have now been suspended.
We have regularly had volunteers days at the weekend which have been well attended. We ran two different formats: a formal one with pre-registration and specific times and an informal one wth drop-in if and when you can. Both were very successful. We have recorded each of the days in the events page and are constantly adding to them as we receive more photos.
Tradesmen and Professionals
We are also looking for further help with the project at preferential rates (or for free, as a gift to the project). Can you help? Or do you know someone who can? We are also looking for skilled tradesmen who are able to volunteer their time during the week.
We are going to need people with a wide range of skills:
- Skilled tradesmen such as builders, plumbers, electricians and gas engineers.
- Other skilled people such as plasterers, painters and handymen.
- Surveyors, accountants and lawyers.
- Graphic designers, photographers, marketeers and web designers.
Please let us know either when registering for volunteer days coming up, or get in touch directly via email to: Lexie Sparks.
Volunteering now that the pub is open
To get this working for the community, we need people to help:
- Organise the running of clubs, pub competitions and special events.
- Be mentors and coaches for our young people from The Green Room School.
- Raise funds for further phases of improvements to The Swan.
- And those with hospitality skills.
We will also need volunteers to help with the renovations of later phases of The Swan (e.g. B&B, outbuildings, etc).
How do I volunteer?
There are several ways to volunteer: