Support for Local Charities
Thank you so much to everyone who voted in February for one of three local charities, nominated by The Swan community members, to become The Swan’s chosen charity for 2020. Nominations were: The Baby Bank, Family Friends and Windsor & Ascot Riding for the Disabled – all very fine and worthy charities.
We were thrilled with the attention this activity generated and are delighted to announce the winner as:
We would like to thank the three charities for accepting the nominations and would ask please do take some time to learn about our runner-up charities and support them if you can.
Family Friends provide short term support to families who are facing difficult times and enable them to get back on their feet. Their help is free, confidential and open to any family living in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead with a child aged 0 – 13 years and up to 18 years for Armed Service families.
Family Friends is staffed by a team who are all passionate about helping families going through difficult times. Their work includes:
- Offering Triple P Parenting Courses and One to One Parenting Support
- One to One Support Sessions with Children
- One to One Support Sessions with Parent(s)
- Building a Bridge of Support between a Family and their School
- Working with the Army Welfare Service and supporting their Community Development Work
More details can be found on their website
We will be working with them to provide more information about this exciting partnership for 2020.