Your Event at The Swan
Whatever the occasion - from business meetings, to events to weddings - The Swan is the perfect location whatever the moment. We offer an impressive variety of facilities that can be hired to meet your own, very personal, requirements. As a community hub, we do want to help you get the most from your special occasion. With multiple solutions, we are sure you will find something here that meets your needs. It can be as fun and formal as you want them to be.
- Corporate Events:
- We are an ideal location for hosting business meetings, team sessions, team building events, interview sessions, board meetings and small conference facilities. With all the appropriate technology, a secure location and at a reasonable cost, The Swan is worthy of your consideration for your next business event. Plus, you can enjoy a social drink afterwards in our bar and courtyard too.
- Society Meetings:
- We already host a variety of art classes, book clubs, and meditation sessions on a regular basis. We even have a traditional Stammtisch for German speakers. So we are more than happy to further welcome entrpreneurs, clubs and societies to The Swan.
- Parties and Receptions:
- Whether it’s for your engagement party, wedding reception, anniversary or birthday bash, we&re here to help to make your day that extra little bit more special!
- Kids Parties & Events:
- As a community pub which welcomes families, we are extremely pleased to make our younger members of the community feel welcomes. For birthday parties, end of school year events, school associations, youth clubs and organisation events, et al we can provide a child-friendly environment in a comfortable and safe local pub.
- Hatches, Matches and Dispatches:
- With St Andrews Church just a stones throw away (or via the secret tunnel), The Swan is the perfect venue to celebrate pending arrivals, new arrivals, weddings and the passing of a friend or relative.
- The IT Suite with its large screens, desktop and laptop computers, and great Internet connectivity offers a fantastic way to offer technology based classes to the community, a closed group or even 1-2-1.
- ... And Anything Else:
- Did we miss something? Basically The Swan has a variety of rooms and spaces that can match your needs. We are here to help you successfully host your own event and make it a very memorable occasion for all.
The School House
The School House
The School House is located on the first floor towards the rear of the pub and is now available for hire for private/corporate functions and community group bookings. Accommodating 18 people seated or up to 30 people standing, we can offer excellent facilities for your meetings, events and parties.
It is newly restored, offering conventional facilities as well as a comprehensive kitchenette, free wi-fi, ample power and the latest collaborative, digital whiteboard technologies. It is now available for private, community or business functions.
Tables & Seating
Our table and seating arrangements are extremely flexible and can be reconfigured to your needs. This means we can quickly accommodate academic, meeting, conference or simply unfurnished scenarios. Just let us know.
You have the choice of catering: by yourself from the integrated kitchenette with all the necessary appliances or from the bar from which we can offer a wide range of drinks, beverages and snacks. Staff can help if required.
Green Room School
The School House is utilised by the Green Room School on a part-time basis for their 6th Form and Graduate programmes, a core part of our investment into the local community. The room is therefore available for hire at any time outside their core school hours.
Various parts of The Swan are now available for hire, including The School House. If you would like to enquire about booking any of these spaces, please email email@example.com and the team will get back to you. We look forward to hosting your function at The Swan.
In its history, the School House has been used as a coroner's courthouse, a place for celebrating weddings and as living accommodation. Today it has been totally refurbished and is used part-time as a place of education and now as a place for private functions.
How many people did it take to install all the equipment in The School House? The School took a timelapsed video of the day to share their efforts with us all. Try to count them all!
The IT Suite
Refurbished in 2020, the IT Suite in the upper half of The Coach House, is a modern space with proper power, heating and air conditioning. It is also possible to hire the this as a venue. This has computing equipment connected to the Internet so can be used as a teaching solution (one caveat is that drinks are not allowed). Outside of the school term time, for security we remove the equipment and the room can be rented for meetings or the likes.
The Coach House
The lower floor of The Coach House is normally used as an extension of the main pub. It has a dart board and the ability to have table tennis and pool for league games, or for team building events. It can also be laid out for meetings, or for private functions. It has become a popular destination for hatches, matches and dispatches for the local community, especially with St Andrews being a stones throw away. The room can be decorated so can be themed to your needs.
With our kitchen now open and having a professional chef - Kieran - onsite, we can produce a variety of hot & cold drinks, snacks, buffets and meals to suit your needs. We can also cater for special dietary requirements too. For details, please contact the team via email at Pub Manager or alternatively call The Swan directly on: 07458 300026 and the team will be able to discuss your needs.