Why not treat yourself to a Friday Feast from The Swan? Our local, award-winning caterers Dublicious Food is on hand at the Swan to get your weekend off to a mouth-watering start. And Dublicious is donating 5% of the price of all orders to The Swan. The menu has THREE exciting options: meat, fish, and a vegetarian option. Please place your order by midday Thursday (or until out of stock) for collection on Friday at The Swan between 6 and 6.30 pm. You can order a single meal too. Please note that this is a takeaway service only from The Swan and is not available from from the pub. Dublicious are providing a specialist service proving high quality delicious meals at a reasonable cost.
The Friday Feast Menus
17th November - A Taste of the Alps
Chris - the chef and owner of Dublicious - was lucky enough to enjoy the wonders of this sweet smokey beef stew on the snowy slopes of Austria. It then become a favorite dish at home as one of his mother's go to meals to cook for us to enjoy. All we say is, 'if it is good enough for Mum, it must be really good and worth us ordering!
24th November - A Taste of Sri Lanka
Authentic, tasty, well prepared Sri Lankan food from our specialist chef Chris of Dublicious. He is bringing traditional Sri Lankan spices and ingredients together to create a range of dishes that will simply explode with flavour. Your mouth is going to rejoice with happiness this week.
Meat options: Diced pork in a fragrant Sri Lankan spice mix with onions, tamarind, lemongrass and chilli OR marinated lamb shoulder curry with potatoes, ginger, onions, homemade ishtu curry paste and coconut.
Vegetarian option: Green mango and young jackfruit curry with warming spice mix, tomatoes, coconut milk, chilli and onions.
Fish option: Goan prawn curry with homemade curry paste, coconut, tamarind and tumeric.
All served with lemon rice with cashews, green bean curry with coconut milk, pol sambol (a coconut relish) and kothu parotta (shredded roti with mixed vegetables).
Christmas Is Coming!
Whilst you are ordering, have a look at the scrummy, award winning, Mini Mince Pies which would be a fab way to finish your meal. Available in boxes of 6, these are a real must during the cold, dark nights. Go on, indulge yourself!
How to Order
Here are the simple steps to a perfect Friday Feast ...
- Go to the Dublicious website and make your order before midday on Thursday.
- At the checkout, select "I'll pick it up myself" then click on "The Swan Collection".
- On Friday, wander down to The Swan between 6 and 6.30pm where Chris will be waiting for you.
- Take it home, warm it up in the oven for 20 mins and then settle down for a great night in.
Price per meal is just £14 which is absolutely great value for some delicious, mouthwatering food.
Please note that:
- orders will be taken until midday Thursday or until out of stock.
- meals contains allergens, see the Dublicious website for details.
- please always make us aware of any allergen information or dietary requirement.
- for collection from The Swan only, you can now buy a single meal.
- you can order two meat dishes, or two vegetarian dishes, or a combo (one of each).
- to be consumed on or before the Sunday of the delivery weekend.
- all meals should be stored in the fridge at 5°C or under; freezable.
- all hot elements are best cooked in the oven for 20-25 mins (or can be microwaved for 4-5 mins).
- food is delivered in sugarcane pulp packaging that is oven, microwave and freezer safe and are 100% compostable.
The Friday Feast will not disappoint. It's a fine way to support your local pub, one of our local businesses and contribute to your daily exercise!
Unless it is raining, collection will normally be in The Courtyard or at The Gates. Chris from Dublicious will be there from 6pm to 6.30pm and will be personally handing out the pre-ordered meals. Please feel free to ask him any questions or to provide him with feedback. He looks forward to meeting you!
And there is more than the Friday Feast available to you! There is also an excellent selection of essentials that can bought too, have a quick look at the "Bakery Favourites" and "Deli and Store Cupboard" below. Why not get some Scotch Eggs or Sausage Rolls to munch on at the bar or whilst walking home? An excellent companion to keep the hunger pangs at bay before dinner.
Also available are Dove gluten free flour and organic strong white bread flour. Dublicious have teamed up with an award winning bakery, so each Friday they can deliver amazing breads and breakfast treats including incredible sourdoughs and almond croissants. Simply why not?
You can also try 'Chilled by Dublicious Food': prepared meals for your freezer for an easy, delicious main dish to have on hand at anytime. Examples are:
Tennessee Pulled Pork
Moroccan Lamb Tangine
NEW: 7-Bean Chilli, award winning Mince Pies, ChilliBeef Lasagna and also Black Lentil Dal
For any of these, go to the Dublicious website