Renovations Diary: 16th August, 2019
AN UPDATE FROM OUR PROJECT MANAGER
What a strange week.
Scott the plumber has been on site sorting the ongoing plumbing.
Ian Grey our resident plasterer has helped save the day. He, Ian and Tony have been sorting the final plastering items to the bar including the chimney breasts.
Bas and Diana have refurbished one of the old external lights. They have totally cleaned it up and painted it in The Swan colours. As you can see, it works very well so we will be looking to do the same with the other lights.
We have a volunteer morning tomorrow with various tasks which will help move things along.
We have a very hectic week next week. The bar will be open as usual but we will run from the coach house.
Next week is all systems go:
- Monday: The electricians will be doing as much as they can including the bar cellar so we can get it up and running properly. Peter will build the bare carcass of the bar and fit the stable door so this will give us and idea of the space and layout.
- Tuesday: Peter, Ian and Lino Len will start fitting the main bar flooring
- Wednesday: Continuation of the bar flooring with the help of Len.
- Thursday: Bar flooring to be completed by Ian and Peter. Floor to be covered fully to avoid damage.
- Friday: Stage 2 bar work to be undertaken by Peter. Ben will sort out the cellar requirements /pumps and so on.
- Saturday: Ben to complete works. BAR open again Note we will still be outside and in the barn as fire requirements will not yet be in place.
Meanwhile lots still to do by volunteers such as kitchen, hallways ,school room and so on.
The following week we can be working on mens loos, fire and security and continuation of bar then can start planning final decoration.
So all coming together.
Disused chimney plasterboarded
Lighting in the gents toilet
Liz painting the bar ceiling
Ladies toilet window stripped
Bas and Diana
Last of kitchen plaster removed
New side door taken another step
Plasterboarding a diused chimney
Undercoating window in the ladies
Lino Len popped in
Rejuvenated external lamp fitting
Plasterboarding around the gents
Ian plastering where bar will be
The new and smaller hand dryer
Tony smiling as ever
Miranda and Bes painting the bar