Informal Volunteers Day - 22nd June
In order to help with preparation for major plumbing work, we tried something different and held an informal Volunteer’s Day. Despite the quite short notice, around 25 people came down to the Swan and achieved an enormous amount of work, including removal of the old ceiling in bedroom 2, removing the last of the old floors, clearing out the gullies and our old favourite, wire stripping. Many thanks to all of those who came down and donated their time and energy. We hope you enjoyed the day, as well as the beer and sandwiches!
- Plasterboarding the two ends of the school.
- Cleaning duty in the bar area to make it as good as possible.
- Pulling down the ceiling in bedroom two and remove all the rubble to the skip (#7).
- Cleaning and prepping the front windows.
- Started dismantling bits at the old door in the ladies loo (sorry, palour) and the alcove door.
- Finishing the removing of all paint in the cellar.
- Lifted the floor boards in the ground floor hall.
- Sprayed boron on to the exposed rafters in the bar and also respray under the stairs to the school room.
- some sat in the sun, did wire stripping and have a little chit -chat.
Some of the team actually went back in on the Sunday to make sure everything was ready for the plumbers and also allow the underfloor insulation to be laid.
Thanks to all volunteers who helped out.
Adrian in Bedroom 2
Wire stripping duty
Cleaning the hall
Tony stripping the cellar
Newly plasterboarded in school room
Adrian and Alan in bedroom 2
De-nailing bedroom 3
Ken clearing the cellar
Gullies cleared out
Ian cutting services trench
About to de-nail bedroom 3
Undercoating the new pub sign
Plasterboarding the school room
Gully in hall finally cleared
Theresa cleaning the gents