Terms and conditions of using this website
Welcome to our website.
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use and govern our relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term 'The Swan Clewer CIC' or 'us' or 'we' or 'our' refers to the owner of the website. We are registered in England and Wales, company number 10382258. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We use Google Analytics to determine usage of our website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, photos, videos and music. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- No copyright infringement is intended in the use of the royalty free images on the website. Please contact us to file a complaint if you believe our use is not authorised by, or correctly attributed to, the copyright owner or its agent or the law. No monetisation is made from images used.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with our privacy policies.
As the company evolves, we may alter these by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data, please contact us at email@example.com
We are working hard to ensure our compliance with GDPR and would be happy to discuss any concerns and how we can improve our policies. You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
What we collect
We may collect (but not limited to) the following information:
- your name,
- email address,
- phone number,
- geographic address,
- any corrspondence between us, and
- details about your investment.
This information is used for the sole purpose of managing our relationship with you.
For emails we send to you, we may use Mailchimp which records:
- we have sent it,
- that you have actually received it,
- how many times you have opened it, and
- for any links or attachments, how often you have accessed them.
This information is used for the sole purpose of helping us improve our email communications with you.
If you want to stop receiving emails from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org These is also the opportunity to unsubscribe at the foot of any general or informational emails we send to you.
On visiting the website, we collect the following anonymised data:
- IP address,
- device type,
- operating system,
- browser type and version,
- language used, and
- actual pages visited.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with The Green Room School and the Honorary Treasurer who are currently providing administrative and managerial support for us.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties,
- share it with others involved with us unless you specifically agree, and
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out here,
- you have a relationship with us, and
- the law requires us to.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed,
- a copy of that personal data, and
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed,
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it, or
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you have any of these requests, please contact us at email@example.com. It is our intention to replace email with electronic forms.
Children’s privacy protection
This website is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Use of images
Our guiding principles on the use of images on our website are:
- whereever possible, we have used our own images,
- if image has been donated, then the owner has the requisite permissions,
- we have specific permission where minors or people with additional needs are identifiable,
- if royalty and copyright free images have been used, they do not require any credit to the source,
- permission has been given by third party organisations for use of their logos,
- images will not be used to generate income of any sort,
- we have not linked any identifiable personal data to an image, and
- we intend absolutely no distress or infringement of rights in the reproduction of an image.
We maintain an image register.
If you have any complaints about the usage of a specific image, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swan Clewer Community Interest Company
The drive to initially Save, and now Support, Our Swan started with Richard Allen, Executive Head of The Green Room School, and Willie Calvert, a partner at the Windsor & Eton Brewery. The Clewer Group registered The Swan as an "Asset of Community Value" with the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. The Swan Clewer Community Interest Company (number 10382258) was created to run the community hub as a social enterprise that will use its profits and assets for the public good. Further support came from Windsor Neighbourhood Plan, The Windsor and Eton Society and The West Windsor Residents Association.
The stated objectives of the Company are to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular (without limitation) to:
- purchase the freehold of the Swan, Mill Lane, Clewer
- renovate and refurbish it to reopen as a community pub
- provide a space for indoor and outdoor community events
- Company type:
- Community Interest Company.
- Company status:
- Active, registered in England and Wales with Companies House.
- Registered number:
- William G Calvert
- Richard W Allen
- Honorary Treasurer:
- Richard Douglas
- Correspondence address:
- 4 Albert Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5BU