Volunteer Day 6th July
We had another volunteering day which was well attended. We successfully completed an number of tasks and moved others on so the weekday warriors can complete them.
Some of the things done included:
- Removal of the old Swan signage.
- Taking down the flag pole.
- Clearing out the gutters and gullies on the main roof.
- Removing the kitchen extractor.
- Painting the side entrance wall and washing down the woodwork.
- Putting noggins into the steels ready for mounting pasterboard.
- Stripping paint in the ladies loo a well as giving the whole loo a gentle sand down.
- Lagging the new pipework in the cellar.
- And as always, more wire stripping!
Notably our father and so team for the day - James and John - built a temporary bar out of pallets. Looks fab and ensures we have something to serve from on the 20th.
Thanks to Louise for the sandwiches and Will for the beer. Certainly helped sustain us on a hot Saturday!
The temporary bar
Builders of the temp bar
Cellar starting to take shape
Wire stripping for copper
The temp bar
No flag pole or signage!
Removing old signage
Our postie brought down his car